Oceanside, California, August 26th, 2021 - CRPG Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness has officially launched into Early Access on Steam and GoG ($24.99). Developed by GrapeOcean Technologies and published by V Publishing, the successfully backed Kickstarter project has increased in size and scope, having been in development since 2015.
Launching with a stunning animated cinematic trailer and custom PC giveaway with PC Gamer, Black Geyser was created by a small indie team and inspired by CRPG classics like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale.
As a small team, we wanted to create a unique world that had a different tone, but one filled with everything we’ve come to expect from a CRPG: an epic story, exploration, mystery and plenty of side quests.” - David Zakal, Director and Founder of GrapeOcean Technologies.
Featuring challenging real time tactical combat with pause, over 300,000 words of dialogue, deep lore, and memorable companions, Black Geyser invites players to explore a sprawling unique fantasy world, where players are free to build their own hero from five different races and 13 class types.
With a unique Greed mechanic that impacts on those around you, players will need to recruit characters with unique personalities and explore a land ravaged by civil war and a mysterious curse. Your choices, good or evil, will decide the fate of the Kingdom of Isilmerald.
Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness can be purchased now on Steam and GoG.
- A huge world map with 2 countries (Isilmerald and Northern Realm), dozens of districts, settlements, villages and towns.
- 5 playable races (Human, Dwarf, Elf, Feldegug and Rillow).
- 13 unique classes from 4 class archetypes (Priest, Outlaw, Warrior, and Wizard).
- Over 300,000 words of hand-crafted narrative.
- Traditional real-time tactical combat with pause.
- An abundance of spells to wield and crafting to undertake, all combined with deep character progression.
- Character actions impact greed, which directly affects the world around you.
- An original world filled with diverse characters, creatures and biomes.
- Fully voice-acted lead characters.